New Template

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lemon Rosemary Chicken



I have a confession to make.  Hopefully it won't change what you think of me.  The truth is this...I'm not a big fan of chicken.  I know, right?  That's probably un-American or something, but I just can't help it.  Don't get me wrong.  I will eat chicken, but more often than not, I end up picking another protein before choosing chicken.  But as you know, we're on a quest to live healthier lives here in my house.  This means me having to break out of my comfort zone and not only eating chicken but also cooking it (two words: RAW CHICKEN...UGH!).  I decided one of the best ways to get me to eat chicken would be cooking a chicken recipe that I know both the hubby and I enjoy.

With that, I give you Lemon Rosemary Chicken.  This grilled chicken is moist and flavorful, and I think even your picky eaters will enjoy it.  (By the way, I promise the recipe for those yummy green beans you see in the picture above!)



Lemon Rosemary Chicken

2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves (or 3 or 4...can you have too much?)
course salt and fresh ground pepper
1 (3 1/2-4 pounds) chicken, cut into 8 or 10 serving pieces (I used 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts because that's what I had)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup water and the rosemary to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes.  Transfer to blender or food processor.  Add the oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth; let cool.

Combine the chicken and rosemary oil in shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, and turn to coat.  Cover and let marinate for at least 15 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, turning the chicken occasionally.

Heat grill to medium.  Remove chicken from marinade; place on the grill.  Discard the remaining marinade.  Cook, basting frequently with the lemon juice, and turning as needed to prevent burning, until cooked throughout, 20-30 minutes.  (Your cooking time will be extremely reduced if using boneless, skinless chicken breasts.)

Nutrition info as I made it with boneless, skinless chicken breasts:

Yields 4 servings
Weight Watchers Points+/serving: 4
Nutrition Info/serving: Calories - 134; Total Fat - 12.2g; Saturated Fat - 1.9g; Cholestrol - 16mg; Carbohydrates - 1.0g; Dietary Fiber - 0.3g; Protein - 6.5g

(Points and nutrition information calculated using recipe analyzer on www.caloriecount.com)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis