New Template

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

It’s been several weeks since I’ve posted, and I made a couple of yummy things over the holidays that I want to share…eventually.  But the truth is it’s a new year, and we’re all making promises to ourselves about eating better, getting more active, etc, so I’ll save those super yummy sweets for later when we’ve all made some progress in meeting our goals. 

I have set some pretty big goals for myself in the coming year…specifically with regard to diet and exercise.   A few years ago, I worked really hard and got down to my smallest size as an adult.  Not long after that, I met my husband, and let’s just say my life has been blissfully out of control ever since.  Unfortunately, that means my diet has been out of control, too.  This year the hubby and I both want to do a better job at being healthy by eating better and being more physically active.  I’ve set a goal for myself in 2014, but the truth is I might not get there in a year.  But that’s okay because it will be worth it when I do because the rewards will be pretty awesome!

I say all that to say to you…don’t doubt yourself.  Be confident in who you are regardless of what size you wear or what the scale reads!  Our goal should be to be healthy…in body…but most importantly in mind and spirit.  This goal is personal and shouldn’t be made for anyone else.  You can only be healthy for you, and you can only do it with God’s empowerment in you.  The good news is that His empowerment ends up not only being in you but going through you and impacting your family, friends, coworkers, and everyone else you with whom you come in contact. 

So in 2014, I challenge you to a journey of becoming healthy in mind, body, AND spirit.  Take your time…one step at a time, and if you get slowed down, distracted, or even just downright lose your way, don’t be discouraged.  Keep going!  Most importantly, remember this:

“I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that come from God.  Now all glory to God, WHO IS ABLE, THROUGH HIS MIGHTY POWER AT WORK WITHIN US, TO ACCOMPLISH INFINITELY MORE THAN WE MIGHT ASK OR THINK.”  (Ephesians 3:16-20)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis